Hello Everyone, here I have come up with a mobile text and voice messaging android application WeChat for Windows PC/ Laptops. Many of us may have heard that WeChat is only applicable for mobiles and we cannot use WeChat on PC’s. Thats wrong ! We can also use this application on our desktops very easily. This is a tutorial for downloading and installing this application on your PC. From now you can easily use and operate this application from your desktop and on a larger screen. This application has got many features which will be discussed below.
WeChat is a communication service application developed by Tencent in China in January 2011. The app is available on Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and Symbian phones, but is not available for Desktop. There are other applications which are similar to this application like Whatsapp, Hike, Line but WeChat has alot more features than these applications. WeChat provides text messaging, hold-to-talk voice messaging, broadcast (one-to-many) messaging, sharing of photographs and videos, and location sharing. It can exchange contacts with people nearby via Bluetooth, as well as providing various features for contacting people at random if desired.
Also Download :
Features of WeChat:
- Voice Chat: You can record your voice and send them as a message to other people. Others will receive the audio file and send a reply for you.
- Group Chat: You can create groups in WeChat. You can add your friends to the group so that you can chat with all at a time. This type of chatting improves closeness among you.
- Chat History Backup: You can backup your chat history for upto 7 days. Whenever you are changing the device you are using you can use this backup and restore it in the new device.
- Sticker Gallery: WeChat has a wide variety of Stickers and Emoticons. You can express your feelings and moods using this stickers.
- Free Calls: You can make fee calls to your contacts using WeChat. The other person will receive an invitation if you ask them for a voice call.
Download and Install WeChat on your Windows PC :
The official version for WeChat on Desktop is not yet available. Hope this version is also available and we can use it more easily. Nevertheless, you can even use this even now. This can be done by using an Android Emulator called Bluestacks App Player. This is a pre requisite for installing WeChat on PC. So follow the procedure carefully to successfully complete the installation.
As I said we first need Bluestacks to be installed on our PC. So go through the following link where you can download and install Bluestacks. Follow the detailed procedure given in the link.
After installing Bluestacks in your PC, you can easily download and install WeChat in less than 5 minutes. For this, click and open Bluestacks where you will find search option. See the image where to click on search option.
Also Download :
In the search box, type WeChat so that the applications with that name will be displayed. Take a look at the image below for a clear idea.
Click on the WeChat icon and it will now take you to the Google App Store from where you can download and install this application. After the Play Store opens, click on Install option so that the installation of WeChat will start.
After installation, you can find the WeChat application in the Bluestacks. To find it in the home page of Bluestacks click on All Apps option which will take you to the list of installed apps, there you can find WeChat installed in it. You can click on WeChat from there and start using it.
Now you are done. You have completed the download and installation of WeChat on your PC and you are now ready to get into the application and explore ways to enjoy it.