Hello Guys, in this article I have come up with an interesting messaging application BBM, for Windows PC/ Laptops. BBM is nothing but Blackberry Messenger. The name itself suggest that this application is only applicable to Blackberry Mobile, but this is only before September 2013. After September 2013, the Android and iOS versions of BBM has released and hit the instant messaging market. Now this application is available for Android, iOS and also Windows. In this tutorial you can learn how to install this BBM on your Windows PC/ Laptop. Stickers are a new way to bring fun in your chat, BBM has a wide range of stickers in its shop.
BBM For PC
In BBM, not only Text Messaging but BBM also allows users to send pictures, voice notes (audio recordings), files, location on a map, stickers and a wide selection of emoticons. This Messaging application requires your data or you can use it when connected to Wifi. The contacts in BBM can make voice calls with each other over the WiFi or mobile network and the top specification devices can even make video calls. This is an all in one application as you can use voice calls and video call through one application only.
Also Download :
Features of BBM:
- BBM is the best way to connect and share instant messages, pictures and more for free, in real time—all with speed, control and privacy.
- You can set how long contacts have access to messages and pictures shared in a chat.
- You can retract a message to remove it from your BBM chat.
- You can find great apps, sticker packs and wallpapers to personalize your chats.
- You can send a friend an airtime top-up on their pre-paid phone directly from BBM.
- You can make free voice calls to BBM contacts on iPhone, Android and BlackBerry anywhere in the world with BBM Voice.
- There are more than 190 million BBM users worldwide and daily 150000 BBM Voice Calls are placed.
Download and Install BBM for PC/ Laptop:
As I said the Android and iOS versions are released in 2013 and the official desktop version is not available right now. This is a bit unlucky for us as we cannot use the desktop version of BBM. But we can use it by using an emulator platform. Emulator works as the mediator between our Windows Operating System and the Android Applications. Through this Emulator we can use Android apps on our Windows PC. Yes, this can be donw. Folow the below guide to know how.
- To install BBM we need to have an Android Emulator as a prerequisite. So go to link provided below where you can find detailed procedure for download and installation of the Android Emulator called Bluestacks, which you need to install it on your PC.
- The next thing you need to do after the installation of Bluestacks is to open it and search for BBM application in it from the search option in the Bluestacks. See the image below for a clear idea.
- After searching click on Install option beside it and it will start downloading. See the below image for clarity.
- You will be notified when the installation has completed.
- Now open Bluestacks and click on My Apps, you can find BBM in the list of application.
- You are now done.
This completes your installation of BBM on your Windows PC/ Laptops. Now you can open BBM and chat unlimitedly with your fellow guys and enjoy. Hope you find this article useful. If so do share this on your social network account. Dont hesitate commenting about your experience and problems regarding this application.